Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm a Pumper! A diabetic's happy dance!

Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm 723 Insulin Pump
This is the puppy that has been taking up all my time lately. The learning curve of how to use it is very steep. It'd be easier if I had a couple more brain cells. But I'm very hopeful that once I master it, my life will be easier. It's an insulin pump. It releases tiny drops of insulin at a time under my skin so I don't have to use needles and syringes and all that. Still have to poke my finger for a blood glucose check....

I'm really really really hoping that BCBS will quickly approve me to have a CGM, continuous glucose monitor to go with it, because, that, my friends, will be like having an artificial pancreas! You've heard of sitting around and watching grass grow or paint dry? Sitting around and eating chocolates and watching your blood sugar go up has GOT to be TONS O FUN!!! I can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. After having gestational diabetes, man do I sympathize. It is so horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check, had that too, with Joe. What a trouble maker!

    ReplyDelete